From: opticfiber at topsight.net (opticfiber)
Subject: [normal] Re: MS RPC remote exploit. What about
 DCOMbobulator?

It's come to my attetion that disablinf DCOM in windows is near
impossible without a regedit. Hopefully no one's already posted this to
the list, if so my appologies for the redundancy. Steve Gibson from
grc.com creates lots of tiny little applications to tighten up windows
security. One of his latestest programs disables the DCOM service all
together, no need for a patch. This might be a better option rather then
just a patch, espcially for users who don't utilize this service. The
tool can be found at the following URL: http://grc.com/dcom/

William Reyor
Http://www.topsight.net