From: security at brvenik.com (Jason)
Subject: Letter to Peter Jacobs, President, SunComm Technologies, Inc.

To: Peter Jacobs - peter@...ncomm.com
     SunnComm Technologies, Inc.
     668 N. 44th St., suite 248
     Phoenix, AZ 85008
     US
     Phone - 602-267-7500

From: Jason [ s e c u r i t y  a t  b r v e n i k  d o t  c o m ]

Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Cc: US Senate, by reference
Cc: US House of Representatives, by reference
Cc: File

Date: 10/09/2003

Re: Analysis of the MediaMax CD3 Copy-Prevention System

Dear Mr. Jacobs,

I am writing to inform you that I would be very interested in joining
any legal action brought against your company for infringing on my
rights as a consumer if such action is possible.

I would also like to relate to you my experiences. I routinely go off
road with an appropriate vehicle, this environment is not safe for the
original media the music is distributed on. Naturally I use my backup
copies of the music to prevent a loss should they be destroyed during my
off road adventures. I assure you that this happens often.

I am not sure if you have picked up a CD that has fallen out onto the
rocks during a crawl and been run over or otherwise damaged. I am happy
to inform you that the CD is no longer usable. This damaged media is
promptly discarded and a new backup is made when I return home and have
an opportunity to again backup the master copy. This is not "ripping"
and it is not theft.

I also use a Toshiba laptop that has a shift key and runs Microsoft
Windows XP. If you plan legal action against Microsoft or Toshiba for
distributing these tools I would be very interested in joining your
cause. I believe that these tools are only distributed to circumvent
your protections. The fact that it violates my rights can be settled
with a separate action which should be brought against you and your company.

All sarcasm aside. I do not know if your contact information provided by
whois is correct and assume that it is in fact incorrect. Unfortunately
this is the only information available to me so that I may personally
contact you to express my opinion. I have copied
full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com in the hope that you will receive this
letter should these conventional methods fail.

Thank you for you time.

Kind Regards,
Jason.