From: lists at onryou.com (Cael Abal)
Subject: Re: Do you really think CDs will be protected
 in future?

Alan said:
> The whole question really comes down to this:
>
> warranty of merchantability definition - a warranty of merchantability
> simply guarantees that goods sold are fit for the ordinary purpose for
> which the goods were sold... This is a general rule of fairness that
> what looks like a carton of milk in the supermarket dairy case really
> is drinkable milk and not sour or unusable.

Damn it.  There goes my business plan of selling Golden Poison Frogs in
a container indistinguishable from a bag of Oreos.

I think the real problem lies with the concept of hand-me-down
Acceptable Use Policies / Licence Agreements -- that a party completely
removed from a retail environment might be able to dictate conditions of
a sale (and in some cases, resale!)  Although I'll readily admit that
some restrictions may be reasonable, they shouldn't be entirely up to
the supplier/manufacturer.