From: jlevitsk at joshie.com (Joshua Levitsky)
Subject: OT: An odd question that has arrisen within my household

I would add a tier before Tier I that would be hackers that do not
believe in full disclosure, do not share exploits outside their close
knit circle of friends, do not support "the man". A lot of these guys
are better than "The best of the best", but nobody knows because they
don't make themselves public. Maybe you could call it "T13r Z3r0" :)
Seriously... there are people out there that have tons of free time to
learn, and possibly monitor lists like this, and laugh at the silly
people that disclose vulnerabilities and share information. They aren't
necessarily out doing damage. They just don't play with strangers
because they choose not to. Some of these people are damn cool. Some
are just anti-social, but that really isn't the norm so far as I can
tell. Of the people I've ever met they seem to have personalities, and
usually have more going on than I do socially. If you met them you
wouldn't think "hacker" or even know they are in to computers.

I dunno... just my observations here in New York City. Perhaps it's
different elsewhere.

-Josh

--
Joshua Levitsky, CISSP, MCSE