From: madsaxon at direcway.com (madsaxon)
Subject: Verisign to Sell Network Solutions

At 12:10 PM 10/16/03 -0700, Jeremiah Cornelius wrote:

>\Read some "True Evil (tm)" here:
>http://verisign.com/corporate/news/2003/pr_20031007b.html?sl=070804
>
>They have a schlub testifying how great it is that there is something to
>prevent "project-stopping 404-errors".

Yep, that statement pegged my BS meter all the way.  Why not
just come out and tell the truth?  "We control these TLDs and
we'll do anything with them that we want.  You don't like it?
Make your own name resolution network."

I guess we could go back to swapping host files.  At least
that might be a legit use for P2P.

;-)

m5x