From: mitch_hurrison at ziplip.com (mitch_hurrison@...lip.com)
Subject: re: openssh exploit code?

Hi Attica,

Let me break it down some more for you:

1) You rely on other people to give you the information
needed to exploit the bug.
2) You've clearly stated that you are incapable of determining
possible exploitation yourself.
3) You acknowledge that the bug has already been publicly
recognised, or fully disclosed if you will, as being a
security issue. With full details of the bug and full source
available.

All of the above combined leads me to believe you're just
another run-of-the-mill info-sec "professional" with a
hardon for the "dark side". Fact remains you have absolutely
no need for this exploit. Who am I to decide this? I'm not
deciding anything, I'm drawing a logical conclusion.

Explain to me how "fully disclosing" exploit code for this
bug would in any way further the full disclosure process
you seem to hold so dear. From where I'm standing the fact
that all bug details are out there and that the full range
of possible security ramifications has been recognised, covers
the full range of "full disclosure" and it's intended purpose.
Of which, granted, I'm not a fan.

Again, as to your argument that you want to find out "how this bug works".
You have the full bug details available. Somehow I doubt you've
even been able to trigger the memset crash. It's your highschool-esque "do my homework for me" attitude which
I find so offensive.

So lets recap again.

1) You have the full bug details.
2) You have the full openssh source code.
3) You have a confirmation that is exploitable.
4) You lack the skill to research and write the exploit.

I don't give a flying fuck about wether you can hold your own
in "other areas". I said it before, and I'll say it again.
If you can't write the exploit, you don't need the exploit.
So please do tell, why on earth would you want an exploit
for this bug? And what does disclosing an exploit have to
do with the full disclosure of a security issue? Please
fully disclose your motivation to me.

You think it's your right to ask for exploit code? You think
it's your right to leech off of the hard work of others stolen
by some ignorant bastard or leaked by some fame seeking whore?
Oh the arrogance of full disclosure. Woe is you my friend, I
can only hope someday you'll see the errors of your ways.

With regards,
Mitch