From: frank at knobbe.us (Frank Knobbe)
Subject: Shortcut...... may cause 100% cpu use!!!

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 16:07, Gregory A. Gilliss wrote:
> Okay, I've enjoyed about as much of this as I can stand >-)
>
> Here's a new vulnerability: filtering out annoying peoples' postings
> on mailing lists. For purposes of example, we'll use FD and Bipin.
> (BTW, I did not come up with this, I'm just relaying it for educational
> purposes only etc):
>
> Let's say that I have concluded that any post from Bipin is a waste of
> bandwidth. The following course of action keeps the bandwidth wasters'
> postings to FD from showing up in my inbox:
>
> 1) install procmail (if you don't already use it)
> 2) touch ~/.procmailrc (see above)
> 3) include the following procmail rule in ~/.procmailrc:

Gregory,

there is a vulnerability in your solution... (sorry, couldn't resist :)

I have that guy on my filter list as well. However, when people reply,
those messages are still received. (I'm not filtering on Bipin anywhere
in the message since I don't want to risk false positives..... perhaps I
should try it for a while).

Luckily there is the option to filter a certain subject temporarily. And
I guess that means I won't see my reply either...lol...

Cheers,
Frank