From: michaelgale at bluesuperman.com (Michael Gale)
Subject: Re: Gates: 'You don't need perfect code' for
 good security

 Windows 2003 - HAAHHAHAAH

Ok - the company I work for now - hired me and fired the pervious network admin.

Why do you ask -- because they where running Win2k with NO problems at all. The previous network admin decided to move everything to Win2k3.

Since then the following problems have occured:

lost file permissions
- directories and files would just loose there security permissions, so no one could access the file at. The admin could not restore the permissions, the only way to fix the issue was to make the admin the owner of the file or dir and then give access rights to the user.

inherited permissions would just stop working and reapplying - HAHAHH made no difference.

Network logins -- would just stop working, the users passwords would not longer work. Resetting them would sometimes solve the issue.

So -- now I get to move everything back to Win2k.

Now this really sucks since I usually only do Unix / Linux system administration.

Michael.