From: maxime at pandore-design.com (Maxime Ducharme)
Subject: Malicious Javascript from "Hack Peoples Passwords" spam

Hi all,
    I received a spam pinting on a link which contains suspicious
javascript.

The code seems protected with some kind of "script encoder",
I'd like to know which tool it is or any other similar.

I started decoding the script and I put the fils here :
http://www.pandore-design.com/security/spam/2003-11-05/

The spam source is in "Hack Peoples Passwords ..." txt file.

The first loaded file is
http://www.phosphorescent@....206.191.202/LOU/index.html

which I saved under "index_1.dat"in my site.
index_2.dat have a part of script decoded.
index_3.dat is a little further.

index_3_unsp.dat contains what is outputted by the first script.

I found that this script loads via an hidden frame this other URL :
http://www.phosphorescent@....206.191.202/LOU/98653.htm

which contains similar script, but pops up this other URL instead :
http://sf1000.registeredsite.com/~user990682/LOU/PASS/index.html

I'm now at this step (did had time to got further yet), but there are
some parts of the scripts which I could not decode. These parts
do not seem to be used like (in index_3.dat) :
      var vm66=6743;
      CQPaeh='OBSKrOawObqEOjOMjJIgSfWO';

these lines seems to be added only to make the script bigger
and harder to read, but I'm not sure.

Someone with more experience may find something else ?

Thanks for replies