From: vb at dontpanic.ulm.ccc.de (vb@...tpanic.ulm.ccc.de)
Subject: why commcerical software *could* be better

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:00:57AM -0800, Gadi Evron wrote:
[object code is more difficult to debug]
> I never said there ISN'T, but it means that not EVERY kid in the block can.

Sorry, it is nonsense what you're chattering here. The "kids" who
detect buffer overflows in source code know how that affects object
code. The "kids" who detect security flaws do know how object code
works, believe me.

> There is more to the world about Microsoft, if you claim to "hate" it so
> much, for whatever reasons you may have, stop talking about it all the
> time.

Where am I claiming to hate Microsoft? I have nothing against Microsoft.
I'm very happy that they realized what the main problem is after all with
their software, and with XP SP2 they announced steps to the right direction
for the very first time.

Perhaps they're learning finally. But it will be very difficult for
Microsoft to reform their code without giving up User Centric Design.

> Use software that you like, whatever that may be, and leave the
> rest of the world alone.

Of course I'm using software as I like. So what?

> >>I can come up with a few more.
> >Thank you very much, that was enough already.
> This just comes to prove the point I emailed against earlier this week.
> There can be no serious discussion on this mailing list without extra
> chatter, trolls and flames.

If you're uttering ridiculous things, don't be suprised to be laughed at.

> I am actually all for open-source, but at least I do not blind myself to
> the world.

Open your eyes.

VB.
--
Volker Birk, Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee, Germany
Phone +49 (7524) 912142, Fax +49 (7524) 996807, dingens@...ens.org