From: michael at bluesuperman.com (Michael Gale)
Subject: a PGP signed mail? Has to be spam!

Hello,

	But public keys are only valid if you trust them -- the points in just
because a person signs a e-mail with a PGP key and the key matches the
from address does not mean it is NOT spam.

E-mail from spammers do not usually have valid from addresses - so the
PGP key can match the fake from addresses with out a problem.

So again -- a PGP signed message is as trust worthy as the from address
of the spammer is. The only reason my from address did not match my PGP
key is because I can not post to the list if my from address is not
michael@...esuperman.com

Also -- having a mail server check PGP sig's on e-mails it NOT an option
-- think of the over head, the delay and time out if the server does not
exist or no response.

This would cause major mailq build up's and could easier crash a mail
system.

Anti-spam tools - DCC, Razor, RBL, Bayesian Statistical Token Analysis
and then whitelist and blacklist.

Not PGP checks.

Michael.