From: jmharr at microsoft.com (Jim Harrison (ISA))
Subject: Microsoft prepares security assault on Linux

Hello Jason,

I'll start by saying that you're not in any way obligated to reply and I
really don't care one way or the other as it's clear that you believe
that your opinion is the only correct one and that I must have been
"assimilated" by the "Evil Empire" that is Microsoft.

The fact that you're a published writer in no way validates your
statements about Microsoft, my employment or any inter-relationship
therein and you would do well to leave that garbage out of any continued
discussion.

Your statement about "until you've published ..blah" is irrelevant to
the discussion at hand.  The document you linked is more opinion than
fact and very nearly invalidates any technical value the remainder of
the book might have had otherwise.

As I said before; it's a shame that you had to present your research
this way; any technical value is lost in the screams of
"EEEEEEeeeeeeevil!"

Later,

* Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4/2K), A+, Network+
Security Business Unit (ISA SE)

"I used to hate writing assignments, but now I enjoy them.
I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas,
obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and
impenetrable fog!"
-Calvin