From: Sung.Choe at hickam.af.mil (Choe.Sung Cont. PACAF CSS/SCHP)
Subject: Re: were back

> Would like to know where I can report this
> type of email...

The state of Pennsylvania does have a new telecommunications law that
defines "illegal electronic messages" which the email in reference does
qualify as.  You can go to http://spam.attorneygeneral.gov/ and post your
complaint there.  I would be curious to know what actions your attorney
general can take to address your situation.

> ...and if there is anything
> legally that can be done.

It's hard to pursue SPAM in the legal arena due to lack of legislation in
this area.  There are no federal statutes as of yet (AFAIK) but some states
such as Washington do have statutes on the books for the prosecution of
Spammers provided that (a) the spam originated from Washington and (b) was
sent to a "system" in the state of Washington.  Basically, it's up to those
in the private sector to leverage technology in a preventative manner.

Hope this helps...

V/r,
Sung J. Choe
PACAF CSS/SCHP, PACAF NOSC