From: ggilliss at netpublishing.com (Gregory A. Gilliss)
Subject: SSH Exploit Request

How would updating ssh bring down a production system?

http://www.gilliss.com/cgi-bin/presentation?title=Building+a+Backdoor+Binary&
name=Backdoor&total=49&rank=1

When I was writing this, I found *lots* of instances where the coding
(mine, unfortunately) left the daemon(s) lying around doing gawd knows
what on the system (and you hung your session besides). Console was the
only reason that I got the code working so that I could do the presentation
(not that I'd ever trojan an sshd on a system, for educational purposes
only, ...)

--
Gregory A. Gilliss, CISSP                              E-mail: greg@...liss.com
Computer Security                             WWW: http://www.gilliss.com/greg/