From: michael at bluesuperman.com (Michael Gale)
Subject: Sidewinder G2

So how about High Availability ?

I have recently setup two slackware linux based firewalls with some
nice iptables setup with lids (linux intrusion detection system) which
locks down the kernel and makes the file system not writable :)

Each firewall I setup High Availability (www.linux-ha.org) so if one
machine is down (non-responsive) the other one will take over.

Also to help in the prevention of DOS attacks --- what about syn
cookies ?

Michael.