From: clint at secureconsulting.com (Clint Bodungen)
Subject: Re: Internet Explorer URL parsing vulnerability

Please see my original post... oh wait... I'll paste it.

I don't really think it will make that much of a difference their profits
considering anyone dumb enough to fall for those scams isn't going to know
the difference between an IP address in the URL box and a "spoofed" domain.
I had a client fall for an eBay scam and the end resulting domain in the URL
box was damn near www.robbingyoublinddamngringo.com.  I can see where a more
effective scam would be, like you hinted at, the infamous microsoft security
update emails.