From: cat at final-frontier.ath.cx (Dennis Freise)
Subject: weird worm ?

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:48:14 +0100
vogt@...senet.com wrote:

> Hi everyone -
>
> For days now, I've been receiving weird messages, with a few lines of
> apparently random, garbage text, like this:
>
> highest bailiff nomad father advise heir
> oxygen honorarium allegro reveal wronskian indentation coachmen
> deficient tribute arcturus mitigate bypath
>

> Anyone got a clue what this is? There are no attachments to these mails, but
> they keep coming in at a rate of about 1-2 per day, from different sources,
> nobody I know really.
>
> Anyone else receiving this stuff?
>
> Makes neither sense as spam nor as a virus - no attachment, no product being
> advertised. The only explanation I can come up with is hoping for people to
> reply ("what?") and thus verifying addresses, but that doesn't fit to the
> pattern of different senders.

I think it's a way the spamers want to defeat spam-filters with
learning capability. You get that mail, your spam-filter sees that it's not spam
and adds it to its database. So that particular eMail-Adress gets lower scores
the next time he sends you REAL spam, and the more likely the chances are that
the spam actually reaches you.

BTW: I'm not getting 1-2 per day of these, I'm getting about 30-50 of them.
Kinda VERY annoying shit :(

--
Dennis Freise <cat@...al-frontier.ath.cx>
GnuPG key fingerprint: 2DE8 CCEF 6E20 11D4 3B27  21EC B0BA 1749 D2C8 38ED