From: dwr3ck at hushmail.com (dwr3ck@...hmail.com)
Subject: RE: Disabling Cached Logon Credentials

Even with physical access you (a hacker) want to do what you have
to ,leave and still be undetected. If a hacker is going to get to a
physical server only to change the admin password and do some hack (i.e.
trojan), I would find it silly because when the admin finds out that
its
not a password he supplied, that system is as good as formatted.

Admins.  Maybe even humdreds of servers in remote offices.  Might not
always catch changed passwords right away.  Event log software, custom
scripts etc. can help to watch for admin acccount changes but sometimes
budgets get in the way of implementing solutions.

This is why disbaling stuff like autoplay on cd roms is a good idea,
and not to just lock servers screensavers but rather logout.

thread.

I  don't think disbaling cached logons is something to worry about
if in a secured data center, but merly a common practice for any security
professional (i.e. do the job right, or don't do it at all, don't halfass
when it comes to security)

- Nick

security is implementing settings that are not necessary, which increase
the TCO of the platform (via increasing downtime of revenue generating
applications while trying to return them to service).

centers falls into the above definition.

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434