From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: Show me the Virrii!

The vulnerability is the direct results of poor coding, or overlooked
coding.  The people that write, and release, malicious exploits are directly
responsible for causing other people grief.  If they spent their time
helping to fix the problem and not write something malicious, well, most of
us would be out of jobs actually.... Hmmmm, I kinda like what I do for a
living.... :-)

  I guess it's kinda like the old thief's plea to a judge.  "But the door
was unlocked , I just opened it up, walked in and took what I wanted."
That's not a justification for writing malicious code, or turning PoC code
into something malicious intended to infect other files, networks, etc.

  My point was just that if the roles of Windows and Linux (just for two
examples, it could be Apple DOS and Atari DOS for all it matters) were
reversed, all we'd hear is how tough it is to patch 30,000 Linux boxes in a
timely fashion.  And that it sucks to have to re-compile the kernel every
week due to a new threat.  etc etc etc

Exibar