From: capegeo at opengroup.org (George Capehart)
Subject: OT: http://rss.com.com/2100-1002-5076903.html?tag=nl

On Sunday 11 January 2004 05:28 am, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> (sorry for the OT but i can't resist)
>
> http://rss.com.com/2100-1002-5076903.html?tag=nl
>
> Ballmer: 'Thieves, con artists' attacking Microsoft
> Last modified: September 15, 2003, 4:44 PM PDT
> By Ina Fried
> Staff Writer, CNET News.com
>

> SANTA CLARA, Calif.--Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer warned
> Monday that recent security vulnerabilities represent a "new and
> growing challenge to innovation" and conceded that his company is
> under attack from "thieves, con artists, terrorists and hackers."

Well, while we're OT . . . That should qualify for some award . . .

<sarcasm>
Poor Microsoft!  Being attacked by Thieves, Con Artists, terrorists and,
God forbid(!) HACKERS.  Well, here's a flash for Mr. Ballmer.  If your
software wasn't Swiss cheese, it wouldn't be vulnerable and you
wouldn't be attacked!!!
</sarcasm>

Seriously, though, this is yet another bit of evidence to me that they
just don't get it . . .

Sorry.  That just insulted even my limited intelligence . . .

/g
--
George Capehart

capegeo at opengroup dot org

PGP Key ID: 0x63F0F642 available on most public key servers

"It is always possible to agglutenate multiple separate problems into a
 single complex interdependent solution.  In most cases this is a bad
 idea."  -- RFC 1925