From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:04:02 EST, Chris Harrington <cmh@....net>  said:

> it properly. If you are referring to Dan Geer, you'd better do a little
> research as to why he was fired. It was not for pointing out MS flaws.

So it was totally coincidental that he got fired by press release the day after
the report came out, and THIS posting from this list had nothing to do with it
(Yahoo link expired, sorry).  I'm sorry, but when a company lets you know that
you've been canned by sending out a press release, and the company statement
says that the report wasn't the company viewpoint, it's not a very large jump
at all to conclude that the compay is just a teensy weensy pit pissed at you.
Now granted, it may have been the proverbial "last straw", but you're going to
have a *very* hard time convincing people that the report didn't have ANYTHING
to do with it...