From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

sheesh,

Linux in the wild viruses that come to mind:  Scalper, Ramen, Lion,
Simile.....  I'm sure there are lots more as well.

  Linux is NOT immune to viruses or worms, plain and simple.

  Just because the number of Linux viruses/worms are much smaller than W32
viruses/worms doesn't mean that they don't exist.  The number of Linux
installs are much smaller than W32 installs as well.  If I was a Vx'r would
I write a Linux virus that would max out at 500,000 computers to infect, or
would I write a W32 virus that would max out at 50,000,000 + computers to
infect worldwide.  W32 has, what, 92% of the computer desktops someone
mentioned?  That's a heck of a lot of bang for the Vx'r buck!

 Exibar