From: mmarshall112 at comcast.net (Mike Marshall)
Subject: Religion... was RE: Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause

Can we please just stop OS-based arguments?  And can we agree that all OSs
earn their places, rightfully?  Windows has earned very few security points
to date (and maybe none), but we can move toward securing this OS despite
its programming shortcomings.  Windows, and thankfully, linux isn't going
away any time soon.  Linux installs mostly secure by default, windows
installs insecure by default, but that doesn't mean people can't harden
either OS and make it more secure.

Personaly, I've run a large data center using both OSs (various versions)
securely for over 5 years.  I've developend and implemented windows and
linux hardening templates.  There are many ways to secure and harden both.
As many have pointed out, layers matter.

Mike