From: tobias at weisserth.de (Tobias Weisserth)
Subject: Anti-MS drivel

Hi Mary,

Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Mary Landesman um 18:12:
> On  January 20, 2004 11:55 AM, "Tobias Weisserth" claimed:
>
> > And the blame goes on MS for this. Nobody else.
>
> There is absolutely nothing I can do to secure my home from break-in.

You could close the doors, get a better lock, not lose your keys on
purpose, never leave without the door being locked... and so on. There
is VERY much you can do to REDUCE the risk of being a victim.

If this requires much attention on your side because the house builder
disabled all these possibilities, say you don't have a proper lock, then
you should be putting the house builder under pressure.

> I can minimize the risks, but I cannot alleviate the risk entirely. However, we
> don't blame the builders when a home invasion occurs. We rightfully blame
> the burglar.

If the builders of the house deliver it with measures to secure it, but
most inhabitants don't use because THEY have to go into much trouble to
enable these measures then the builder is responsible these measures are
not used.

> The blame goes to the crackers and virus writers.

This is too easy. It's the same with guns. People always blame the
people who pull the trigger but the fact that guns are soooooo damn easy
to get, even for minors doesn't startle a soul...

cheers,
Tobias