From: charlie at peopleandplanet.org (Charlie Harvey )
Subject: Campus wide anti virus

Hi,

I'd check out clamav (http://www.clamav.net/)- it's been I've found it to be a
fantastic product. You have all the usual autoupdate, on-access scanning, nice
integration with amavis for mailscanning @ gateway, daemon or commandline
scanning, support for zips, bzips, et al and its GPLed.

I have f-prot installed on my windows boxes (they do a non-commercial licence)-
I believe clamav also produce a windoze version, but haven't yet had time to do
proper testing of it.

--

Charlie Harvey,
IT Officer,

Please make a donation to People & Planet. People & Planet
campaigns on the most urgent social and environmental
issues facing the world today. With your support student
campaigning can help to create a more just and sustainable
world for all. To support us financially, visit:
http://peopleandplanet.org/donate/