From: pappgeza at tolna.net (Papp Geza)
Subject: will this virus(W32.novarg.a) infect peopleusing wine in linux?

Hello Golde

2004. janu?r 28., 13:33:13, ?rtad:

NG> Hallo Remko,

NG> * Remko Lodder <remko@...andar.org> [2004-01-28 13:17]:
>> you sure that an wine emulated windows+outlook cannot be infected?

NG> test it and you will see.

>> since it emulates windows and 'offers' almost the same functionality
>> as normal windows..

NG> yes, but not completly.
NG> regards nico

News: it is new virus mutans - Mydoom B.

New Version of Mydoom in the wild

Kaspersky Labs, a leading information security software developer has
detected a new version of Mydoom (Novarg) - Mydoom.b.

Kaspersky Labs has received reports of infections by this malicious
program.  Our analysts believe that Mydoom.b is probably using machines
infected by the original Mydoom, which could mean as many as 600,000
units.  These infected computers may have received a command to send out
copies of Mydoom.b. Therefore, the computer community may be facing a
much more serious outbreak than the one caused by Mydoom.a yesterday,
January 27.

The new version contains minimal technical innovations. Mydoom.b also
spreads via email and the KaZaA file-sharing network. The email contains
a different set of text strings in the body.  The carrier file is about
28 KB in size and contains the text string: "sync-1.01; andy; I'm just
doing my job, nothing personal, sorry". Mydoom.b is scheduled to launch
a DoS attack between February 1 and February 12 2004 on two web sites:
www.sco.com and www.microsoft.com.

Moreover, the worm modifies the operating system to prevent users from
reaching many anti-virus vendors' sites, security-related news sites and
various sections of the Microsoft site, as well as downloading data from
banner networks.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus databases have been updated with protection against
Mydoom.b.

A detailed description of Mydoom.b is available in the Kaspersky Virus
Encyclopedia (http://www.viruslist.com/eng/alert.html?id=850706 )

By Denis Zenkin, Kaspersky lab's

--
?dv?zlettel,