From: ph1 at cogeco.ca (David)
Subject: Culprit Bio: Perfect Storm Averted or Just
 Ahead?

Peter wrote:

>If I can believe the virus researchers www.microsoft.com is not going to be
>a target..
>
>MyDoom.B apperntly enters into you hosts file along with a lot of others
>www.microsft.com with address 0.0.0.0
>I think a DoS sending http GET requests to www.microsfot.com from that
>machine is probably not going to reach microsoft.

It was mentioned somewhere (I think f-secure) that it will remove
certain entries before it starts the attack.

http://f-secure.com/v-descs/mydoom_b.shtml

"An additional line is added before the the date when attack against
Microsoft begins:

0.0.0.0 www.microsoft.com

Which will make the site unaccessible. The 3rd of February the entry
will be removed so the attack can be performed, which will probably
cause some difficulties reaching it, if the DDoS is successful."