From: dan_20407 at msn.com (DAN MORRILL)
Subject: Script Kiddies

Kinda wanted to take a minute to think about this.

The big determiner between art and junk is passion. Regardless of what you
do, if your a good information security person, or a good hacker, you have a
passion for the technology and the job. Doesn't really matter if you get
paid for it or not, late evenings or not. If you have passion, then you have
what it takes to excell in a field, any field, including information
security.

There is a lot of passion for information security amongst some people, and
for many it is just a job, don't take it so seriously, hey see the latest
dilbert cartoon, and please read my blog. I

have only seen two attacks in 14 years of information security that I would
like to meet the hacker. One from china, one from russia. Very good, still
don't know how the boxes survived the attacks, they were that good, that
targeted, and that unique. They had passion, should be the only ones allowed
to have a CISSP or what ever certificate du jour is.

I think that is Uncle is railing against, and if I am right, welcome to the
side show. MCSE's and CISSP/CISA are all in the center ring right now. But
like any circus, it too will fold up the tent, and the side show is what
brings the "suckers born every minute" into the big top.

R/
Dan

>From: "Uncle Scrotora Balzac" <scrotora@...hmail.com>
>To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
>Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Script Kiddies
>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:23:38 -0800
>

>I love hearing security people talk about script kiddies. It's the funniest
>thing to see them walking around with their chests pushed out like
>peacocks,
>  as they scoff the silly little kiddy.

<snip the rest of this please read the original on line>