From: james.bliss at comcast.net (James Bliss)
Subject: Dig SCO?

On Monday 02 February 2004 23:24, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:56:24 CST, James Bliss <james.bliss@...cast.net>
said:
> > I have a question, has anyone documented the number, volume, any metrics
> > of the number of packets actually going to sco.com?  Possibly the source
> > IPs as well to see if it is scattered or centralized on a few boxes.
>
> Gonna be somewhere between diddly and squat, considering they yanked
> www.sco.com out of the DNS. :)

I guess I should have been more precise, how many requests were/are actually
being directed at sco.com by mydoom?  Yeah, I realized they took it out of
the DNS, but I was wondering if it was:
1)  Because they actually were being flooded with requests
2)  It was a precaution, but no evidence that it happened
3)  If precaution, was it justified or merely for 'theatrics'  (Of course it
could have always been both).