From: b.griffin at cqu.edu.au (Brad Griffin)
Subject: Sample of Mydoom A & B

Hi all

ad nauseum

I believe it is full disclosure, but not the local virus code
repository. There is a HUGE (no really, it is HUGE) difference between
'full-disclosure', where the nitty gritty details of a bug/exploit/hole
is described and making available executable malware (read: virus/worm).
I would suggest Mr FitzGerald and I believe Mr Schmehl have explained in
other posts why anti-virus professionals are loathe to supply code to
'outsiders' for want of a better description.

I'm quite interested in how heat seeking missiles are made and how they
work, but I doubt anyone from the military will give me one for research
or to alleviate my curiosity.

Cheers,
Brad

snip
> am hoping
> >>someone here has a copy of Mydoom A and B.  If so, please
> contact me
> >>off-line.  THANK YOU
> >

> > Oh good, so another lamer can "accidentally" spread it further.
> >
> > There is a very good rule of thumb regarding who needs
> virus samples
> > -- if you need to ask on a public mailing list, newsgroup etc, you
> > don't need them.
snip