From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: Email

D B <geggam692000@...oo.com> wrote:

> I'm by no means a security expert nor do I want to be,
> but while I read this list at 3 am my mind wanders and
> I wish for someone from experience to explain to me
> why any virus can infect any mail server / user  when
> those administrating a mail server can make a mail
> server handle mail in the manner I pasted a snippet of
> from my own in-box.
>
> ( obvious designator )
> ****************snippet****************

> ------=_NextPart_000_0012_FAA048F2.06F42141
>
> The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII
> encoding and has been
> sent as a binary attachment.
>

> ------=_NextPart_000_0012_FAA048F2.06F42141
>
> TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALgAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AAAAqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

> ( end of obvious designator )

You are confusing the effect of a deliberate attempt by the Mydoom
virus writer to "trick" the recipient of the virus' Emails into opening
the attachment (and to then, "hopefully", open/execute the contents of
the .ZIP file) with the actions of a mail server or relay ppresumably
between the message's sender and its recipient.

--
Nick FitzGerald
Computer Virus Consulting Ltd.