From: damian at sentex.net (Damian Gerow)
Subject: more security people =3D less securityi

Thus spake Keith W. McCammon (keith-list@...ammon.org) [04/02/04 16:09]:
> 2) All the newbies could get CISSPs right now, in all likelihood.  It's
> just a test.  If you can read and remember, you're an "expert."  But
> this doesn't mean that we're all screwed.

As a frame of reference, I was one of the Beta folk for the SSCP.  It hasn't
caught on nearly as much as the CISSP, but the test itself was a complete
joke.  We were told that it would be a challenging, hands-on, low-level
knowledge, three-hour exam.

I finished in twenty minutes, and passed.  The last person walked out of
there two hours into the exam.  I signed an NDA that I don't remember the
details of, so I'm loathe to disclose any specific details, but let's just
say that I'd be surprised if my technophobic mother failed the exam.

It's true.  If you have any semblance of common sense, you can easily pass a
large number of exams out there.  Being able to read, and having a passable
memory, just greatly increase your chances.