From: adam at hif.hu (Szilveszter Adam)
Subject: Interesting side effect of the new IE patch

Cael Abal wrote:

> | They, fiat and others that used the M$ non-stanard as a basis upon
> which
> | to build, deserve exactly what they decided to buty into and not
> really
> | research.  That's what a company gets for buying into the tales their
> | local-sales-lizard spews and thinking all those polished and glossy
> | brochures are dead set facts.  They need to re-evaluate their lack
> of a
> | 'grains of salt' procurement processes.
>
> It amazes me what sorts of supremely goofy ideas come to fruition --
> http://buy@...t.com ?  That was a horrible idea, and the tech person
> who signed off on it absolutely deserves the wrath of Fiat.
>
> Just because you may be able to power up your computer by shorting a
> pair of contacts on your motherboard with a paperclip doesn't mean
> you should.

Absolutely agree. At a time, there was a huge German web hosting firm
that also pushed these "@-URLs" to customers telling them how cute it
would be to have the same web address as their email addy was... (like
http://you@...rdomain.de) I do not know how successful it was but hope
not very... have not seen the ad lately.

Regards:
Sz.
--
* dr. Szilveszter Adam * adam@....org.hu * http://www.nhh.org.hu/ *
* Communications Authority of Hungary                             *