From: jlevitsk at joshie.com (Joshua Levitsky)
Subject: anti-adware and false positives (was: Virus infect on single user)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spiro Trikaliotis" <trik-news@....de>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 3:55 AM

> Yes, you get rid of EVERYTHING - especially of things you still need.
> :-(
>
> Is there any developper on this list who uses a Microsoft DDK f?r NT4,
> 2000 or XP? You cannot use Adaware on such a machine, as it always
> stumbles on the headers and source files of the provided examples,
> especially the network examples. It tells me they would be part of some
> malware.

Ad-Aware has a nice thing where you can pick to ignore certain files. Do a
scan of your system and be very careful on the first scan to go through and
see what each thing is. Mark all your DDK stuff as ignore. All done. And
seperately you might want to email the LavaSoft guys and let them know about
the false positive.

--
Joshua Levitsky, MCSE, CISSP
System Engineer