From: freouwebbe at msn.com (roberta bragg)
Subject: (no subject)

Here's an opportunity to be heard by a number of security interested people,
many of whom, don't subscribe to this list:

Posted on behalf of Keith Ward:

"Attention all Redmond haters! I'd like to issue a challenge to

readers of this mailing list. I'm the editor of Security Watch, a

newsletter produced by 101communications,

http://www.mcpmag.com/newsletter/. Security Watch contains, among

other items, a weekly commentary by Roberta Bragg. For the upcoming

edition on Monday, I'd like you folks to tell me why you believe

Microsoft just doesn't "get it" when it comes to security. Make

your best pitch, giving specifics on a product or technology that

you think is deserving of scorn; "Microsoft sucks, Bill Gates

sucks, Steve Ballmer sucks" won't make the cut. Make your arguments

sound, your reasoning solid. Please keep your submission between

300-1,000 words. Essays longer than 1,000 words will not be read.

The following Wednesday, Roberta will give her own answer to the

issue or issues you raise in a special edition of Security Watch.

Oh yeah -- we'll also pay you $50 for your efforts.

This isn't a Microsoft marketing ploy; neither my company nor I has any
financial relationship with Microsoft. We're an independent media company,
and my sole purpose in this is to generate healthy debate that will
hopefully enlighten our readers.

This is your chance to have more than 54,000 subscribers read your

opinions. Tell them what you really think!

Please submit your piece to me at keith.ward@...mag.com, and

Roberta at roberta.bragg@...mag.com. Make sure both of us are

recipients. And please do NOT send the essay as an attachment --

put it in the body of the e-mail. Also remember to let us know who

you are, where you are and how to get hold of you, including a

daytime phone number. If we can't contact you, we can't run your

letter. Put "Security Watch Essay" in the Subject line, to make

sure I don't delete it as spam.

By submitting your comments, you give 101communications permission to
publish them in Security Watch, along with your name.

Thanks!

Keith

Keith Ward
Editor, Security Watch"""