From: adam at huntrecruiting.com (adam@...trecruiting.com)
Subject: (kind of off topic) this book has been writen. is Mitnick a monkey or what?

I just got a call from a friend who listened to a interview with Kevin Mitnick
on coasttocoastam.com and right away thought of me Blah, Blah whetever.

any way I go to Mitnicks website http://defensivethinking.com and see a call to
hackes link and below is what I find.
umm who in this comunity would be willing to give up there secrets for a chance
to win a $500.00 prize?
I'll be intrested to see the stories that get published in this book and wasent
this book published all ready? http://www.underground-book.com/
I am not sure but the FUD that this book can cause based on what is says and the
stories True / partialy true or out right lies could have the world up in arms
and not trusting anybody based on social engineering tactics that it looks like
he is realy looking for.

read below and get you slice of the $500.00 pie (thats a half of a nite at the
Go-Go Bars)

cover your tracks if you do decide to send stories and if you cover your tracks
to well and win the 500.00 prize how are you going to recive the money??

I wonder if he would pay for a storie about defaceing defensivethinking.com

Warm reguards,

Adam

Call for Hackers from Kevin Mitnick
http://defensivethinking.com/main/CallforHackers.html

See your story in print! -- even if you choose to use an alias and only your
hacker friends know it's you!

Publisher John Wiley & Sons has just commissioned me to co-author my second
book, telling the untold stories of computer hacking and social engineering into
the most resilient organizations on the planet--Corporations, and government and
military installations.

I'm putting out a call to all current and former hackers to tell me about your
sexiest hack. I'm not looking for those who simply downloaded and used
pre-packaged exploits, but hackers who have shown innovation and ingenuity to
compromise their targets. The most desirable stories will be those that involved
a combination of technical, physical and/or social engineering aspects. The more
devious and cunning, the better.

If your story makes it into the book, you'll receive a free copy of my first
book, The Art of Deception, plus a rare Advanced Reader's Copy of the new one
with your story in it -- both signed by me with a personal inscription to you in
your real name or your handle or pseudonym. There will be a $500.00 prize
awarded to the person who comes forward with the most provocative story, based
on attack methodologies and/or desirability of the target.

My plea agreement restricts me from telling stories of my own hacks until
January 2010, which is why I'm looking for stories from people like you. I
guarantee to absolutely protect your identity (remember, I did NOT cooperate
with law enforcement during their prosecution of me); if you prefer, you and I
will arrange our conversation so that I don't know who you are. Unless you ask
that your real name be used, I'll tell your story told under an alias name of
your choice. Of course, I will have to somehow verify the accuracy of your story
prior to publishing it in the book.

For your information, the book, tentatively titled "The Art of Intrusion," will
reveal the true, untold stories of successful intrusions. Instead of relying on
third-party information from uninformed sources, "The Art of Intrusion" will
chronicle the "hack" as told by the perpetrators themselves. Readers will get an
in-depth look into the thought processes that form the hacker mindset--why they
do it, and how a plan is developed and executed to gain control of their
victim's network.

Each story told in the book will be followed by an in-depth analysis of the
factors that contributed to the success of the security incident -- by examining
the specific vulnerabilities and how they were exploited.

While "The Art of Deception" focused on the weakest link of the security chain
-- the human element -- "The Art of Intrusion" will describe a variety of
attacks that exploit weaknesses in every area of information security --
physical, personnel, operations, network, and individual computer systems.

If you'd like to see your story in print, jot down a line or two about what you
did and e-mail it directly to me at hacks@...ensivethinking.com. Or call me at
(310) 689-7229.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Kevin