From: ggilliss at netpublishing.com (Gregory A. Gilliss)
Subject: How much longer?

                    WARNING TO LIST: OFF TOPIC!

Clint,

NOT cool ... remember, information should be free ;-)

Next time, before you start calling names, how about considering the
other person's perspective and ask yourself what *you* would think if
you were half a planet away with different information resources?

The poster states very clearly that he is not a native English speaker.
The return address points to Germany. If you are well traveled, if you
even own a passport (and only fifteen percent of Americans have one)
then you would realize how completely different the perception of America
is from *outside* the fish bowl. Between linguistic differences (the
German language, for example, puts the verb at the end of the sentence,
a la postfix notation) and the different perceptions other people
receive of the United States in their news and other media, it should
be no surprise to you that someone from another country might suppose
that America has an unofficial government policy in place to facilitate
this kind of behind-the-scenes hand holding.

And just to make you *really* cringe, I can't prove it, but I believe
he's correct. 'nuf said.

There's already a perception of the "ugly American". Please don't
behave in a manner to further reinforce that stereotype.

Flames > /dev/null

--
Gregory A. Gilliss, CISSP                              E-mail: greg@...liss.com
Computer Security                             WWW: http://www.gilliss.com/greg/