From: disclosure at ossecurity.ca (disclosure@...ecurity.ca)
Subject: Re: Windows XP explorer.exe heap overflow.

We checked both EMF and WMF files out and changed around the sizes and it
did not crash Windows XP (SP1, EN). From the posts on the full disclosure,
it seems what you reported might be caused by other factors. Or it is
exploitable on older version of XP?

Here is a list of modules loaded. XP tested (not crashing): Build 2600
xpsp1.020828-1920; SP1

 92 Module: 5cb00000: C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll for
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
 93 Module: 5cb00000: C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll for C:\PROGRAM
FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

Peter Huang
OSsurance, Protection Against Win32 Viruses and BOF Worms
http://www.ossecurity.ca/