From: tobias at weisserth.de (Tobias Weisserth)
Subject: Advisory 02/2004: Trillian remote
	overflows	-> maybe this is off-topic, but...

Hi Luke,

Am Mi, den 25.02.2004 schrieb Luke Schierer um 02:23:
> Jeff is absolutely correct. We've given them yahoo code, they have given
> us yahoo code.  Sean Egan and one of their heads, a guy named Scott, are
> on good terms.  no theft either way involved here.
> luke

I'm relieved to here that. One question remains though. How can GAIM
license code you gave them to be under the GPL? Does this make any
sense? Have you given them permission to license this under the GPL?
This is a bit confusing in my eyes. How are other developers supposed to
handle such code? Suppose someone starts another GPL project, using GAIM
code and he finds out you are using the same stuff but under a non-GPL
license? Does he have to go all the way back to the GAIM people and
verify where they got their code? A note inside the yahoo.c file should
be placed to inform people.

kind regards,
Tobias Weisserth