From: lbruno at republico.estv.ipv.pt (Luís Bruno)
Subject: RFC and silent discarding of e-mails

Martin Ma?ok wrote:

> SMTP servers should not silently discard the message

AIUI, your SMTP can deliver to /dev/null and return 250.

Actually, I'd rather have the antivirus software do that instead of
sending a warning message to the envelope sender:

"Hi, this is the antivirus program at mail.example.com. We've detected a
virus which forges envelope-senders in a message we received. We have no
way of knowing if this message will reach the infected users' mailbox
since the virus FORGES envelope-senders, but we've sent this
advert^Wnotification to you anyway.

BTW, have you received notifications from other braindead antivirus
software deployed all over the world? We hope you're not drowning in
them. And try to keep your heart-rate down.

PS: Get more information about this product at
http://www.antivirus.com.invalid/"