From: Rik.Bobbaers at cc.kuleuven.ac.be (harry)
Subject: Counter-Attacking hackers? Is this really a good
 idea?

Exibar wrote:
> I don't think they mean "counter-attack" when they say "counter-measures".
> counter'measures could be automatically adjusting a firewall rule or a
> router ACL to adjust to the type of attack it discovers.
>
>   But, they do mentioned "fighting fire with fire", so that makes me
> question exactly what it is they're doing.

the fun part now:

what will the smart hacker do?
spoof your source, put it in a worm, and you've got a perfect DDoS. a
hacking protection that will attack a host (or network) of your choice

and what with NAT's?

--
harry
aka Rik Bobbaers

K.U.Leuven - LUDIT             -=- Tel: +32 485 52 71 50
Rik.Bobbaers@...kuleuven.ac.be -=- http://harry.ulyssis.org

"Work hard and do your best, it'll make it easier for the rest"
-- Garfield