From: andrew at dev.bigfishinternet.co.uk (Andrew Aris)
Subject: Good Places to Start

Hi all,

I have been asked to collate all the starting out tips I was given by
various list members into one place so here you go:

Security Focus (lots of useful mailing lists):

http://www.securityfocus.com/foundations

Top 20 lists:

http://www.sans.org/top20/

Cert's good practices:

http://www.cert.org/security-improvement/#practices

"Get a good book"

egs:
"Hacking Exposed" - http://www.hackingexposed.com/
"Secrets and Lies" - http://www.schneier.com/book-sandl.html
"Beyond Fear" - http://www.schneier.com/book-beyondfear.html

CISSP Study Guides:

https://www.isc2.org/cgi/request_studyguide.cgi

Anti-online:

http://www.antionline.com

Think that was more or less everything, oh plus everyone told me to read,
read, read!
Thanks again to everyone who mailed with ideas, if I've missed anything off
then I'm sorry and do let me know!

regards,

Andrew Aris

--
big fish internet ltd, 8 beetham road, milnthorpe, cumbria LA7 7QR
tel: +44 (0)15395 64580   http://www.bfinternet.co.uk