From: sysadmin at 999access.com (sysadmin)
Subject: Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet	from their home user clients?

Just so everyone knows this wasn't merely a humorous quip.

I used to work for Bresnan then Charter after the buyout.  There was a high
correlation between solar flare activity and modem activity (cycling, snr,
rx/tx values etc) in the Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota systems we
monitored.  It is however a strong indicator that the system has
leaks/ingress problems.  Charter followed through on the system cleanup we
started (as Bresnan).  As of Feb last year there were daily reports system
stability was increasing by leaps and bounds.  Of course that also was about
the time they started laying off all the people building these awsome tools
.... Yours truly included ...

--Ray