From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet from their home user clients?

I know the "feeling" behind what you typed, but you really don't mean what
you typed.  Filtering should not be done by the ISPs, they should provide a
pipe, and that's it.  Ok, there are some circumstances, like a DoS against
your equipment, where the ISP is the only means of blocking the traffic,
that's a different story.
   If the ISP's start filtering traffic, scanning E-mail for viruses, etc,
they are getting close to censorship in my eyes.  They're also removing
themselves from "common carrier" status in the eyes of the law too I would
think.  Make those services OPTIONAL for those that want it, great, I'm all
for it.  But if I want a link out to the internet, that isn't filtered or
anything I should be able to get it.

Ex