From: mfratto at nwc.com (Mike Fratto)
Subject: Caching a sniffer

Your assuming that the attacker 1) has control of the switch and 2) is
sniffing either the uplink or has configured the switch to mirror all the
switch ports or VLAN to the mirror port.

Neither of which may be the case.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html