From: randomisedletters at hotmail.com (Random Letters)
Subject: Re: Microsoft Security, baby steps ?

No need to be patronising or dismissive.

Our problems (assuming we're professional sysadmins rather than home
dabblers) are several.

1. Home users - don't have adequate protection and get turned into zombies.
They then bombard us. OK - this is dealt with by an externally facing
firewall but see #2 below.

2. Office workers with laptops or VPN connections to the internal LAN - get
'infected' (see #1 above) and then connect to the internal LAN. They then
bombard any newly set-up PC before we get a chance to patch it. BTW you
still have to connect to a network if you have a SUS or SMS server.

The "need to patch before I put it on the network" / "need to put it on the
network to get the patches" IS a real problem for many sysadmins.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
   Does HoTMaiL come with a spell checker?