From: exibar at thelair.com (Exibar)
Subject: Emailing SSN info

Not knowing what vendor they want to ship these SSN's off to makes it hard
to answer, although I am NOT an attorney I believe they are opening up
themselves for trouble giving ANY third party the SSN's of their employees.
Unless it's a gov agency that is requesting this info, or a payroll company
that is printing payroll checks (like ADP), they should not even entertain
the thought of giving SSN's out.

  If it is an "authorized" agency, I would send the info on CD-Rom,
certified mail.  The CD-Rom would be encrypted, and the encryption key would
be sent under separate cover, also certified mail.

  Ex