From: janus at volny.cz (Honza Vlach)
Subject: OpenSSL - dynamically linked binaries?

Hello,
I have upgraded my servers to latest OpenSSL version (0.9.7d) and
restarted all daemons linked to it. Still, I'm a bit confused about what
else should I recompile.

I have checked apache mod_ssl and php module, which are both dynamically
linked to the libssl.so.0.9.7. The thing, that confuses me lot is, when I
look on the phpinfo(), it says "OpenSSL version 0.9.7c", which it
was compiled against.

Does this mean, that I'm still vulnerable, or it is just version
hardcoded to the binary, while the library itself was sucessfully
reloaded?

What should be recompiled when there is new OpenSSL version issued?

Have a nice day,
Honza Vlach