From: StuartF at datacom.co.nz (Stuart Fox (DSL AK))
Subject: viruses being sent to this list

Trouble is, the charter applies to humans.  Viruses don't read the charter
before they send their messages.  Basically, I read the charter to say
"don't deliberately send viruses/worms to the list".  The charter doesn't
say anything about what will happen to automated attacks.

Given that AV vendors tend to charge per user for their mail scanning
products, it probably wouldn't be too financially viable for the list owners
(who graciously host the list for free) to implement scanning anyway.

Cheers

Stu