From: marc at milestonerdl.com (Marc Rassbach)
Subject: One more Wack at the dead equine WAS: viruses being sent to this
 list

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Maarten wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 March 2004 13:34, Gadi Evron wrote:
> > As I got a response from the managers, I am happy. And I took it off-list.
>
> I left this thread alone for a long time, partly since what I felt was already
> being said by others, and also partly because I consider myself new here so I
> mostly lurk 'n learn.    ...However, I now want to contribute a bit.
>
> > The samples below could have been detected by any AV using signatures
> > alone. Thus, without any heuristics, not risking false positives or
> > requiring more time spent on moderation.
>
> Albeit a valid point, I still consider it irrelevant. It will _cost_ the
> listmaintainers/listowners, no matter how you turn it.  It may be time spent

And in a private email to Mr. Evron I pointed out how it was nice of him
to be willing to be a moderator.

Mr. Evron's reply was no.   He was not offering up his own effort to solve
what he felt was a problem.

The simplist way to kill a thread asking someone else to do a bunch of
work is to ask the thread bringer "Will you do the work?"   If they are
unwilling to do the work, what else is there to 'discuss'?